What's the best time to sell your furniture? Here are five tips to help you decide when to call FCG.
1. Sell when you no longer need it. The best time to sell your furniture is the moment you realize you don't want it anymore. Sometimes, that's when you're moving, divorcing or redecorating. Or you may just decide you're bored of a certain piece. Sell it now. Some styles devalue over time and there's always the risk of a nick or a stain. Be decisive.
2. Sell it before you store it. Don't pay to store furniture if you don't foresee using it in the near future. If your daughter-in-law doesn't grab that dining room set when you first offer it, she's not likely to want it in six months. Storage is expensive. You'll spend $1,800 a year or more. And long-term storage is hard on furniture. Odors and moisture can damage pieces after a few months.
3. When was the last time someone used that piece? Maybe you haven't touched that gorgeous home-office desk since you switched jobs. Or that comfy leather sectional you bought for the rec room isn't getting any use since the kids left for college. Sell them now and repurpose the room. You've always wanted a home gym or yoga studio anyway.
4. Sell before the last minute. Don't procrastinate. If you know you are moving, call FCG today. After all, there are logistics involved in picking up your furniture. Our movers are on the road every day, but arranging routes takes time. Also, some condo buildings require an elevator reservations and also have insurance requirements that FCG can meet, but take a few days to pull together. During peak moving season, the early birds get priority. Don't wait until it's too late to sell or you may have to store or donate your furniture.
5. Sell it while it is still in style. If you bought a sofa recently and it just isn't right for the room, don't delay. Furniture and fabric styles change rapidly now. Upholstered pieces are typically out of date after five years. Gray and beige could be passé by next season. Whether you've made a decorating mistake or you just want a new fresh look, call FCG ASAP. Style matters.